Friday, April 11, 2014

My trip across the pond

I don't really know what I was expecting from this trip... maybe a little Harry Potter discussion and the occasional bus tour at the most. I never could have guessed that I would have so much fun and make so many friends in such a short time period while managing to learn even more about the books I love so much. Here's a glimpse into my week in England.

Just the view I woke up to every morning while staying in Oxford. 

The building was beautiful alone, but that tree just blows me away. 

I can't believe this is a college campus.
Harry Potter's great, but visiting The Eagle and Child was a definite highlight for me.


His legacy lives on, probably forever. It's humbling to reflect on death and worth.


It's THE LAMP POST. YOU KNOW FROM NARNIA. THAT ONE.

"Magic is might"
Here I am, calmly flying over the Quidditch Field.

It's the door to the chamber of secrets. Look at that excitement.

So this was a model of the Harry Potter grounds. It was enormous and really cool.

Julie and I trying our little wizarding outfits on.


DINOSAURS. EVERYWHERE.

The museum had other cool stuff too. 

My last night ended with a view of the Tower Bridge. (And a Jack the Ripper Tour)

Friends. Gotta love em.
Possibly the best thing I saw in England was this little quote in a bookstore. I haven't stopped thinking about it since.

1 comment:

  1. Dinosaurs and John Locke. What a week! So glad you were with us, Josh!

    ReplyDelete